Monday, January 28, 2013

Eighth Grade Called...


Here is how I started my day. 


By 10am, I looked like this.



Braces.  Adult braces. 

As they were gluing and wiring, all I could think about was how I hurried out the door this morning, with only enough time to get a kiss on the top of my head from my husband as I brushed my teeth.  I was running late and it just didn't cross my mind.  One last free-of-metal kiss.

Of course, in my over dramatic mood, it's all I can think about now.  I actually started tearing up while they were still working on my mouth.  I think I said, "I don't know why my eyes are watering this much" 13 times.  Yes, thirteen.  Or as i say it now, terteen times.  I'm sure they saw right through it.

******Deep breath******

I've had a couple of good cries over this already today. 

Ugh.  We can certainly qualify my vanity as a first world problem.

For the next 15 months, I'll smile a metallic grin.  Please friends, if I am lucky enough to enjoy your company for a meal or two in the next 1.25 years, don't let me leave the table with leafy greens flowing from my grid-like grin. 

I know I am lucky to be able to be able to afford to take care of myself.  I know this is a luxury.  I know that in a short year and a half, these wires and rubber bands will be a distant memory.  But for now, I'm not feeling like a super model.

Here's to Advil, Craig being mistaken for my older brother and picking seasonal colors of rubber bands.  Who's up for a little red, white and blue this July?! 

Awesome, me neither. 

15 months and counting. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh hun... I cannot wait to see the various pictures of the rubber bands being seasonal! I fully expect blue and gold this fall when you come for the MSU game. P.S. stay away from mustard... they'll turn clear or white bands yellow.

    You look as awesome as you did back on the Poor Billy days!!! Muah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Not Poor Billies! I can't say we looked hot so much as we thought we looked hot. I may be able to pull off a little blue and gold in October. Nothing says season opening like playing the current NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

      Delete
  2. Nothing could mess with the radiance of your smile, Niece. This is the Gods-honest-truth, but I forgot that I was going to your blog, my mind drifting to some silly problem and then your pictures came up. My immediate thought went to the braces and I thought, 'That girl looks great even with braces'. Then I realized who I was looking at. My Niece! It's not a secret that of all the grandchildren in the family, it's your smile and exuberance that lights the brightest. Not even a row of dull metal could dim your 1000-watt smile. Buck up! Your beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uncle Michael. :) Just what I needed.

      Delete
  3. Even though you do not feel gorgeous on the outside you are! More importantly you have the supermodel beauty inside that I truly admire and look up to everyday. If I were a lesbian I would still kiss you, that Craig is a lucky man metal or no metal.

    ReplyDelete